If your Web site is hosted on the EERE/NREL server and receives Web site statistics from NREL, you'll see changes to your service in the very near future. As part of the transition plan for Web hosting services, future EERE Web site statistics will be outsourced.
Up until now, NREL has hosted a static version of WebTrends' statistics package on NREL servers for EERE sites. Beginning Oct. 1, statistics services will be provided directly by WebTrends' on-demand statistics service and managed off site.
In the next few weeks, you'll receive the url to your new statistics service. At that time, you will be able to access your site's statistics profile and become familiar with its additional functionalities.
You'll find a variety of features and benefits in the new, on-demand service. These include:
- More accurate reporting
- Near real-time data collection and reporting
- Customizable reporting periods (by day, week, month, quarter, etc.)
- A comparative report mode that allows a comparison of statistics for two time periods side by side
- Additional graphical representation of statistics data.
You may also notice some discrepancies with the old system. These may include:
- Variances in page views, visits, and visitors.
- Differences in PDF tracking because of more accurate data collection.
When you receive your new url, please take the time to explore the new system's operation and familiarize yourself with its interface. If you receive this email, please take the time to share this important information with your web site managers or contractors. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Amy Vaughn, NREL.